Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{New Adventures} First Time in a Store

I thought it would be appropriate that my first post in my first blog should relate to a {first time} experience. I have been pouring my shopping obsession into only J. Crew and Nordstrom for the past 5 - 6 years, forgetting that there are actually other stores that exist. I have been curious about Madewell for a while (OK, the store is very related to J. Crew), and I did not want to buy something from them for the first time online. Today, I made {first contact} with Madewell at the Mall at Short Hills.

Going into a store for the very first time is quite an adventure as everything is new and unfamiliar - Different styling, different material and patterns, different sizing rules... lets face it, each brand has different sizing rules in the US. To learn a new brand and its sizing rules is like having to learn a new language. Despite how uncomfortable I was, I was determined to go in and see what this Madewell is all about and try on at least a pair of jeans since they are known for jeans. 

I came out of the store a very happy customer with two pairs of jeans and a fabulous t-shirt. 

skinny skinny ankle jeans in canister wash {item number 75588}
skinny skinny ankle jeans in  black {I did not see this wash online}
linen bicycle tee {item number 94907}


I am 5"1 (164 cm) and the ankle jeans fit like regular length jeans for me, which is absolutely perfect. The print on the linen tee is really cute. Although I do not like to ride bicycles, I am strangely a bit obsessed with images of simple bicycle outline drawings. I plan to wear the tee by itself paired with jeans in the warmer months, and in the autumn time, over a J.Crew perfect shirt and with a blazer, like the J.Crew School Boy Blazer in navy that I just bought. 
Lastly, I would like to mention that the customer service at Madewell at the Mall at Short Hills was superb. I will definitely visit again!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the bike tee today at Madewell. Soooooo so cute! I support your purchase ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GiGi! I cannot wait to put it on. There is something to look forward to coming back to work from vacation. :o)

      Delete