Monday, July 23, 2012

{Finding a New Home} Banana Republic Silk Dress from 2005

I have been saving and saving and saving this dress for years, and I have resigned to the fact that I do not have another occasion to wear this dress, no matter how much I love it. I have worn it twice, to two fantastic weddings.

I used to buy all my dresses from Banana Republic, including this one in 2005. However, I think the quality and style at Banana Republic has been declining over the years. Either that or my taste and expectations have changed. Regardless, this dress is a beauty and well made. I received many compliments when I wore it.

Lets see if I can find a good home for this dress. I just posted this dress on eBay today.

Image taken by Judy {coffeeshopandfunnyfaces}



2 comments:

  1. Omigosh - I loved Banana Republic's stuff from 2005! That season is like a bygone golden-years in my mind. I'd first started tuning into higher-priced retail stores around that time and fashion had taken a 1950s turn starting in fall of 2004 - I was absolutely entranced by the brooches, the cardigans, the gold brocade, the silk self-belts . . . ahhh! I still try to find images from that period online but alas, that era is now gone from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot agree with you more, life as a cat. I used to spend boat loads of my savings at Banana Republic between 2001 to 2005. I still have my shoes from that era that I treasure. I still hope that they make a strong come back!

      Delete