Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{In My Closet} Perfect and Boy Dots

I promised myself that I was done shopping this time around, but I have trouble leaving J. Crew empty  handed. I had ordered a couple of Cece ballet flats online, but I wanted to check if they had the colors I wanted in the store. I am worried that my lovelies will not arrive before I leave on a jet-plane. My local J. Crew store did not have the Cece suede ballet flats in byzantine blue, so I will just have to hope and wait for the little brown package to arrive.

Although I did not find my shoes, I did find the Perfect Shirt in Chambray Polka Dot! I was a bit late in getting this shirt, after reading so many good reviews on J. Crew Aficionada (what a great blog!). The store only had 3 left, and I took the one that was on the mannequin. This shirt is available again online, but the expected ship date is November 26th!

I now have polka dot shirts in both Perfect and Oxford Boy fits. I love how the shirt feels in the chambray material, and the polka dots add a nice detail to a shirt. The Oxford Boy is made with a heavier material that feels solid and sturdy for the autumn. I went a bit overboard this time around with button down shirts (overboard = around 10 shirts purchased in the span of 2 weeks), but they are very versatile. They can be worn by themselves or under sweaters or long cardigans. I have many good excuses for why I need so many.

I think that is enough polka dots for this autumn.
There is a reason for my shopping madness. I am only home in the US a couple of times a year, and I stock up when I am home. I do like the fashion and styles in the Nordics, but I, unfortunately, am not born with the Nordic complexion and height. Plus, I just get more for my money in the US. While in Norway, I do cause some damage to my wallet at Filippa-K, a very nice brand from Sweden.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your help over at the JCA Looking to Buy thread! I unfortunately don't have a J.Crew locally but I am heading to NYC mid-August and I'm hoping to find at least one of the two pieces there. They look absolutely lovely even just folded up like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine! If you don't mind paying the flat rate shipping and you know that the shirts will fit you (not sure how much returns would cost Canadian customers), you can order it online to have them shipped to you. Otherwise, I hope you find them and much more in NYC!

      Delete
    2. Considering I am heading there anyway, and I do want to try on the shirts before making a purchase decision, I will put off ordering online for now! I will certainly consider the option if I don't find them in stores. Unfortunately, the shipping plus the taxes can make the grand total really expensive (which is why I seldom order from their website), not to mention that the prices on the Canadian customer website are about 15%-20% higher (yet they remain in US dollars). Returns aren't free either and shipping a package back from Canada can be quite costly as well. We got the short end of the stick that's for sure!

      Delete
    3. I totally understand. I moved to Norway 6 years ago, and even though they offer international shipping now, I still wait till I come back to the US to shop. I see that the prices are increased by 20% when converted to Norwegian krone, and I have to pay customs charges once the shipment gets to Norway. It is not possible to purchase in US dollars and have items shipped to other countries. Thank goodness my parents still live in the US and can be my "personal shoppers" while I am on the other side of the pond!

      Delete
  2. Hi. I just discovered your blog and love it! I am your newest follower :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beach Chic Girl! Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words! I am new to blogging, so I am still experimenting and learning. I think I am going to be borrowing some of your styling ideas on your Beach Chic Style blog. Hope you don't mind a new follower there. :o)

      Delete
  3. I'm personally a big fan of coffeeshopandfunnyfaces blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete